- This event has passed.
Monday Night Mindfulness Classes – Reprogram your Brain
July 9 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Mindfulness Classes -Reprogram your Brain
Mindfulness Classes to help you come off AUTO-PILOT!
This course will provide you with the “how to” of remaining fully conscious and aware in any given moment with a sense of control and empowerment over that moment.
Monday Night Class
WATCH A SHORT 2 MINUTE VIDEO BY ELISE ABOUT OUR MINDFULNESS CLASSES HERE
- Our Mindful awareness classes are ideal for beginners to mindfulness or those wanting to refresh their mindfulness skills and apply knowledge in a practical way.
- We have many participants who repeat this course as each time there is something new to be learnt.
- Even if you have done a mindfulness course before, you will find this course may add
a more practical and brain based understanding of how to adopt a more mindful disposition and really program the “pause button” into your life.
- This course has been developed from Mindful Based Stress Reduction Therapy literature and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Literature and incorporates therapy structures from Positive Psychology and Clinical Neuro-Psychotherapy. It is applicable for anyone who is looking to improve their wellbeing and enjoys personal development. The classes are informal in nature and group discussion revolves around the topic of mindfulness and the experience of the exercises learnt.
Mindful Awareness Classes follow the following guide:
- Principles of Mindfulness and Releasing Expectations to be open to experiences as they unfold.
- Developing the skill of Observing and awareness through mindful meditation practices formally and informally.
- How to interact with our emotions and thoughts in a more useful way.
- Making room for unpleasant thoughts and feelings with self-compassion.
- Tolerating discomfort and frustration.
- Being more in control of what we pay attention to and learning how to exercise flexibility of attention when distracted or frustrated.
Each week you will receive both brief summary notes and in-depth notes via email. Our course includes working on specific principles over the course of the 6 weeks with reminder bracelets on how to work with the challenges each principle presents.
What participants have said about becoming more mindful:
- “Mindfulness is incredibly relevant to my personal and professional life on a deeper scale. I love how much growth I experience”
- “I’ve learnt a lot about myself by facing some of the mindfulness challenges I have a more peaceful acceptance”
- “I have found myself using mindfulness concepts in everyday conversation. I’m enjoying seeing new opportunities to use mindfulness/practise mindfulness.”
- “I think mindfulness should be something we learn as children and continue to develop throughout our life”
Centre 4 Inspiration
401 Hawthorn Rd, Caulfield South
When – Mindfulness Classes run each school term.
Classes for 3rd term start on Monday 9th July 2018 6:30-8:00pm. Please note that the first and last class can be up to 2 hours long due to questionnaires that need to be completed.
Classes do not always run consecutively so it is important to check the dates.
Mindfulness Class Dates:
Monday: 9/07, 16/07, 23/07, 30/07, 6/08 and 13/08
$60.00 per class. A discounted rate is offered if you pay for all 6 classes up front.
If you have a Mental Health Care Plan you will be able to claim a medicare rebate of $31.65 per class per session attended. If you have private health insurance with extras you will be able to claim each session. If you would like to pay upfront for all 6 classes you will receive a discounted rate of $330 for all 6. The medicare rebates will be processed at each class. It is not possible to process a rebate for classes missed.
To book please complete the following form and we will be in contact with you with the relevant forms for you to complete.
Or you can contact us on 03 9034 3380 if you have any queries.