Centre 4 Inspiration’s Mindfulness Classes will help you to consciously set your intention for increased happiness, calm and peacefulness in your day-to-day life.
An ideal course of classes for beginners or those wanting to refresh skills and apply knowledge in a practical way. This course has been developed from Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Therapy literature and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Literature and incorporates therapy structures from Positive Psychology and Clinical Neuro-Psychotherapy. It is applicable for anyone who is looking to improve their wellbeing and enjoys personal development. The classes are informal in nature and group discussion revolves around the topic of mindfulness and the experience of the exercises learnt.
It is a generalised course that can assist with a lot of areas such as:
- heightened awareness,
- increased productivity,
- parenting and couple communication,
- improved sleep,
- reduced stress,
- improved self esteem,
- anxiety management,
- depression management,
- lifestyle management,
- chronic conditions,
- chronic discomfort among others.
However, most participants find that mindfulness tends to apply to all areas of life and not just the area they originally were looking at!
Our mindfulness classes are based on learning practical techniques that can be applied to everyday life, creating a higher sense of wellbeing and control.
Class outlines for each week
- The Principles of Mindfulness and Releasing Expectations to be open to experiences as they unfold.
- Mindfulness of breath and introduction to the body scan. Understanding mindful meditation and how to practice effectively formally and informally.
- Mindfulness of Emotions and Thoughts. Recognising the complexity of emotions and thoughts and the challenge that no emotion or thought is good or bad unless we attach meaning to it.
- Beginning to work on skills for tolerating frustration of emotions and thoughts. Embracing a more self compassionate stance.
- More skills on tolerating frustration specifically related to our environment and tolerating interference and stress provoking situations.
- Deepening our tolerance for frustration skills when having to tolerate a physical discomfort and the use of walking meditation. Setting up an ongoing practice for continued development.
What others have said:
- “Found it very stimulating, looked forward to every week”
- “I loved it all. It was incredibly relevant to my personal and professional life on a deeper scale. I resonated with the content and loved how much growth I experienced”
- “I learnt a lot about myself by facing these challenges I have a more peaceful acceptance”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed the course! Have found myself using concepts in everyday conversation. I’m enjoying seeing new opportunities to use mindfulness/practise mindfulness.”
- “Very enlightening course – concepts that will be used daily”
- “I think these skills should be something we learn as children and continue to develop throughout our life”
Centre 4 Inspiration
401 Hawthorn Rd, Caulfield South
Classes start on Saturday 29th April 2017 from 10:15-11:45am. Please note that the first and last class is 2 hours long due to questionnaires that need to be completed.
Classes do not always run consecutively so it is important to check the dates.
Saturday: April 29, May 6,13,20,27, June 3
$55.00 per class. A discounted rate is offered if you pay for all 6 classes up front.
If you have a Mental Health Care Plan you will be able to claim a medicare rebate of between $21.65 AND $31.65 per class per session attended. If you have private health insurance with extras you will be able to claim each session. If you would like to pay upfront for all 6 classes you will receive a discounted rate of $300 for all 6. The medicare rebates will be processed at each class. It is not possible to process a rebate for classes missed.
To book please complete the following form and we will be in contact with you with the relevant forms for you to complete.
Or you can contact us on 03 9034 3380 if you have any queries.