- Our Mindfulness classes are ideal for beginners to mindfulness or those wanting to refresh their mindfulness skills and apply knowledge in a practical way.
- We have many participants who repeat this course as each time there is something new to be learnt.
- Even if you have done a mindfulness course before, you will find this course adds a more practical and brain based understanding of how to adopt a more mindful disposition and really program the “pause button” into your life.
- This course has been developed from Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Therapy literature and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Literature and incorporates therapy structures from Positive Psychology and Clinical Neuro-Psychotherapy. It is applicable for anyone who is looking to improve their wellbeing and enjoys personal development. The classes are informal in nature and group discussion revolves around the topic of mindfulness and the experience of the exercises learnt.
Mindfulness Classes follow the following guide:
- Principles of Mindfulness and Releasing Expectations to be open to experiences as they unfold.
- Developing the skill of Observing and awareness through mindful meditation practices formally and informally.
- How to interact with our emotions and thoughts in a more useful way.
- Making room for unpleasant thoughts and feelings with self-compassion.
- Tolerating discomfort and frustration.
- Being more in control of what we pay attention to and learning how to exercise flexibility of attention when distracted or frustrated.
Each week you will receive both brief summary notes and in-depth notes via email. Our course includes working on specific principles over the course of the 6 weeks with reminder bracelets on how to work with the challenges each principle presents.
What others have said about attending the mindfulness classes:
- “Found it very stimulating, looked forward to every week”
- “the emailed notes were helpful-it was nice to go over the notes and take as much time as I liked”
- “I have found the mindfulness bracelets invaluable reminders – so helpful when applying it to real life”
- “I loved it all. It was incredibly relevant to my personal and professional life on a deeper scale. I resonated with the content and loved how much growth I experienced”
- “I learnt a lot about myself by facing these challenges I have a more peaceful acceptance”
- “Thoroughly enjoyed the course! Have found myself using concepts in everyday conversation. I’m enjoying seeing new opportunities to use mindfulness/practise mindfulness.”
- “Very enlightening course – concepts that will be used daily”
- “I think these skills should be something we learn as children and continue to develop throughout our life”
Centre 4 Inspiration
401 Hawthorn Rd, Caulfield South
When – Mindfulness Classes run each school term.
Classes start on Saturday 12th August 2017 10:15am-11:45am. Please note that the first and last class is 2 hours long due to questionnaires that need to be completed.
Classes do not always run consecutively so it is important to check the dates.
Mindfulness Class Dates:
Monday: August 12th,19th,26th, Sept 2nd,9th and 16th
$55.00 per class. A discounted rate is offered if you pay for all 6 classes up front.
If you have a Mental Health Care Plan you will be able to claim a medicare rebate of between $21.65 or $31.65 per class per session attended. If you have private health insurance with extras you will be able to claim each session. If you would like to pay upfront for all 6 classes you will receive a discounted rate of $300 for all 6. The medicare rebates will be processed at each class. It is not possible to process a rebate for classes missed.
To book please complete the following form and we will be in contact with you with the relevant forms for you to complete.
Or you can contact us on 03 9034 3380 if you have any queries.